TEN Ways My Life Has Drastically Changed By Owning Horses

1. I love horses and we used to own a couple! Great for every member of the family!

2. tara pittman says:

Sounds like horses makes your house happy. I like the joy that you have!

3. Sheri says:

I love horses but could not imagine the work of owning one. I have not been horse-riding in a while and really should go again soon.

4. Liz Mays says:

It’s kind of cool that they’ve had such an impact on your life! It’s good that everyone in the family is involved!

5. Chloe says:

I really would love to get my daughter into horses when she is big enough. I think it is a beautiful hobby.

6. Reading you and your daughters’ experiences with your horse is happiness but don’t you think that it is way too much and haven’t you
    recognized the crazy amount of money that you were spending on them according to your story? I was just a bit concern about that and I know you do notice it already.

• Athena says:

It is a great deal of work but manageable and the kids would never give up the horses – they would rather do the work. The money however – well as long as I keep blogging, all that income goes to the horses. If for some reason I stop blogging I will absolutely need a backup plan. But what is more important is that it really doesn’t matter how much money there is or isn’t – once you fall in love with horses it is so very hard to not do everything you can for them. I can assure you my kids/family are not suffering in any way from owning the horses. We may have had to reprioritize our time but it’s all good…

7. Amy Jones says:

I’ve never owned a horse but you sound so enthusiastic about yours its so cute! I wish I could get one

8. Holly says:

Great article! My uncle used to bread show horses and I loved riding them. I can’t imagine ever doing raising them myself though. It’s all I can do to keep up after my cats. I got one and said that’s it. Then came number two. I was definitely done after that. Now I’m up to number three. lol

9. Emma white says:

It sounds like you all have so much fun! I love horses but could never be able to own any myself

10. Vera Sweeney says:

What amazing experience to be able to own a horse!!! I can imagine a ton of your life would change, but so much fun!

11. Christina Aliperti says:

This sounds like such an amazing life with horses. I can see how all the hard work is well worth it.

12. Wren says:

Your post made me laugh. Sounds like something I would do, buy one and then 2 more! 🙂

13. Amber Myers says:

How awesome. My daughter would LOVE a horse but we can’t handle the expense. So we just visit horses at the moment.

14. dana vento says:

This is great. My kids loves to ride on a horse. I wish I could have a huge backyard and horses like yours..

15. Kathy says:

Horses are a lot of fun, but a lot of work too. I love horses, but I’d never want to own one. The flies really are bad! I feel bad for the horses when those darn flies are always around.

16. Elizabeth O. says:

We took care of different animals when I was young and it’s really going to teach you a lot of lessons in life especially when it comes to compassion and love. You’re going to have to adjust to the changes they bring as well. But they are always for the better.

17. Aw it is so lovely that you have such a great bond with your horses. I love how you think of your paycheck in terms of hay haha.

18. It really changes your life! I think it’s great that these horses have changed your life for the better especially your relationship with your kids! It’s simply amazing!

19. CourtneyLynne says:

Omg how fun would it be to own horses!!!!! I would love to own one!

20. Jaimie F. says:

Oh i love horses. Each time we want to ride a horse, we still need to travel up northern part of the country. You truly are one blessed person.