I am not sure what I was thinking
I had the luxury of going yard saling this morning. I don’t get that opportunity much anymore but I was in need of a few things and hoped I could “find” them. First Anthony needs another bike – he has one, but needed one to go camping. So I wasn’t looking for anything new – just something he can use on weekends and also something that I wouldn’t be absolutely crushed if for some reason it was stolen. I didn’t find a bike while yard saling, but we stopped at the thrift store just before we came home and to my surprise – a really nice BMX bike that has all gold pegs on it and everything. It is a young boys dream. It isn’t a brand I am familiar with (but I don’t know BMX bikes too well anyway) – but I know bike construction, and this is a very well constructed bike. I would not be surprised if new it would have cost hundreds of dollars. The only thing it needs is new handgrips – even the tubes and tires are in tact so I didn’t need to deal with that drama again this week. It is a tiny bit big for him but he loves it so much he isn’t letting that stop him at all.
– I also spent $3 on Sephora – a 3 ft stuffed tiger, a small TY puppy, a Leopard print santa hat, and a baseball bat.
– I spent $25.25 on Anthony – $25 for the bike and $.25 for a new package of water balloons (YAY – not!)
– Bought a life jacket for Chewbacca – yup – spent $15 on a new life jacket for our huge dog. Since we spend summers at the ocean she needs to be kept safe. The body mass of an English Mastiff is such that it doesn’t matter if she COULD swim – she can’t due to her mass. Elsewhere else these jackets retail for $59. And some compressed bones for the three dogs – those are so expensive elsewhere especially in the larger size for giant breed dogs – $3 each at this yard sale.
– And since I was almost out of money – bought myself another end table for $2
– We did pass a house that had some furniture on the lawn for free and I resisted the urge to stop but something keeps pulling at me telling me to GO BACK. Maybe I will go check later. There was a broken chair that was calling my name – only thing is – where would I put it?
Now – I immediately set to work on refinishing the end table but since I don’t know what I want to do with it – it is sitting in the garage PRIMED. AND I was so excited to start working on it – I forgot the “before” pictures.
And while I was waiting for the primer to dry I started on Anthony’s last piece of furniture – and of course, since I was on a roll – I forgot to take a “before” picture of this piece too. And now I am stuck in the middle of this project because I ran out of primer. Tomorrow will be another nice day so I will probably run to Lowes later so I am all set to resume the process tomorrow.