A Chest for me
Now that my kids have their treasure chests and wishing boxes – I found another “chest” and thought I would make one for me to carry craft materials when I am traveling – in effect, eliminating my “withdrawals”.
This is the before picture. I picked this up on Family Day (50% off) at the thrift store. I wanted the chest but it was totally filled with My Little Pony toys. I offered the thrift store the option to sell those separately but they weren’t interested. My daughter ended up with quite an increase to her My Little Pony collection as a result.
Since I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with this, I started with simple Valspar primer. That took a while because I had to do every exterior inch which required wait time to keep flipping it over and doing another side or bottom.
Then I applied a Rustoleum Hammered finish in a copper color. The original plan was to do all the trim with that, tape it off and do something else for the body. But the more I worked with the hammered finish the more I thought I might just leave it like that. So unless I change my mind – this is the end result. I think it looks regal so why mess with it.