Things I have learned in the last two weeks
Since I have not been doing any projects due to recovery – I thought I would share what I have learned during these last two weeks (yes I have projects up and running again but they were pre-posted just in case something ever happened – good thing).
1. Magic Erasers should not be used on skin! Seems like a no-brainer but the older boxes only indicate not to ingest. The result when you try to remove adhesive glue from your skin (removes it just fine on “things”) – is a very rapidly produced 2nd degree chemical burn. Just two “swipes” results in…
Day 2 after using on my leg (eight inches worth)
And just for the record – it did not remove the adhesive at all. I resorted to olive oil to remove it – but as you can see there are slight remnants still.
2. Per Dr. Oz – Hydrogen Peroxide should not be used on small cuts. The bubbling action is not the peroxide getting rid of infection it is actually the peroxide damaging the healthy tissue that is left behind – get rid of it.
3. Surgery is easy – recovery sucks. Even a simple surgery can result in so many hidden surprises resulting in a major surgery with major recovery and side effects from antibiotics, anesthesia, drains, catheters, IVs etc..
4. Not eating for three weeks straight (clear liquids only) does not always equate to weight loss when you add in days of IV fluids, swelling, stuck in bed etc… Sad but true.
5. Don’t assume a new pair of sneakers is safe for your child – always check for razor blades inside – yes I know what I am talking about! No more sneakers from Walmart.
6. Three/Four flights of stairs are not a possibility when you have respiratory issues.
7. Italian Ice comes in flavors such as chocolate/banana and cherry/banana – who knew?
8. As of 9/1/11 – Affordable Fabrics is inceasing their prices from $1.99 per yard to $2.99 per yard. When I get back on my feet I will so definitely need to stock up! $2.99 is still awesome but it is a 50% increase.
9. Nate Berkus’ show ROCKS! When I get back on my feet I have learned how to turn any bits of junk into treasure!
10. For some reason the only food I craved while not being able to eat was mozzarella string cheese… I don’t even normally care for cheese but the second I could eat – oh yeah – had my cheese and have had it every day since. I assume that will get old soon but for now cheese means more to me than Frappuccinos!