This piece didn’t turn out at all like I hoped so I had to keep improvising along the way. Having said that, I am very happy with the result.
I don’t particularly care for our bedroom but it is what it is. It is small and our bed is placed directly in the middle of two very large windows. We don’t have a headboard on our bed because it would block too much of the windows. But I wanted to use some materials I had on hand to try and create the illusion of a headboard. That didn’t work because the frame I was using was still too small to do that satisfactorily. If I come up with a better solution I will keep this decor – just move it somewhere else.
I stripped another frame – a rather large one 16×20. My daughter and I spray painted it Olive Green (Valspar). We then cut a segment of black corduroy and stapled it to the back of the frame. Nothing too fancy there. We hung the frame on the wall. Then we moved a large mirror we had in the craft room and hung that within the black space. Voila – someting to finally fill that void behind our bed.
This is the “before” space…
This is the space with the frame and background…
And this is the end result. And I must tell you I had a terrible time trying to get this shot because I did not want to be in the mirror nor did I want this bright flash taking up the whole shot in the mirror. So, I had to hang out off to the side – sorry.