Halloween,  Sewing,  Upcycle

Halloween Dress 2012

Last year I made Sephora a candy corn dress for the Halloween season.  This year I made this:

I started with this shirt from Walmart – it had long sleeves and was a junior size (Sephora’s medication has caused her to gain some weight recently so her wardrobe is requiring some modifications). 

To make this into a dress I added about 8 inches of a black tshirt to the bottom to make it longer and to add color and depth. 

Then I cut the sleeves down (and hemmed them) to about 3/4 length sleeves for her.  That is really all I did and now she has a dress that she loves!  At first she asked me to make her a wedding dress – but in the end she was just as happy with this Halloween dress!

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *