CD Review Sentimental Journey by Emmy Rossum
Sentimental Journey Track Listing:
- “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
- “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
- “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
- “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
- “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
- “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
- “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
- “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
- “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
- “Things” (Bobby Darin)
- “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)
- Sentimental Journey, releasing on January 29th, is a collection of classic covers that takes us through the American Songbook.
- On Sentimental Journey, the multi-talented actress and singer brings her stellar voice to songs popularized by some of the most beloved artists of the last century.
- Emmy’s 12-song ‘passion project’ is an emotional musical journey, with each song representing a month in the year.
- Rossum is also an acclaimed actress who currently stars in the Showtime series Shameless with William H. Macy. She also stars alongside Emma Thompson and Viola Davis in the upcoming feature film Beautiful Creatures, which hits theaters on February 13th.
- Emmy will be performing a track from Sentimental Journey on Access Hollywood Live on January 25th.
- Emmy will also be appearing as a guest on Conan on January 28th, Chelsea Lately on January 29th, and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson onFebruary 6th.
Emmy has such a phenomenal voice for these classic songs. The CD brought back such memories of the years I spent listening to records with my grandmother on the old “hifi”. Sadly, my children will never experience those memories but they will probably look fondly upon CD’s like that when they have children. Emmy has such a concise, crisp beautiful voice that provides exceptional artistic interpretation to these classic songs. I am always in favor of not losing sight of all forms of music. It is okay to create new forms and add to musical insight – but not at the expense of losing such beautiful songs as these.
My favorite song on the CD is Pretty Paper and I very clearly remember listening to it in its original form with my grandmother – Sentimental Journey was definitely a strong second. I have recently introduced my youngest children to Helen Reddy, Peter, Paul and Mary, Dolly Parton and more – and I look forward to sharing these classics with them with the elegant, modern voice of Emmy. I love this CD and will definitely be listening to it many times in the future.
I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. I received a free copy of the CD to facilitate my review. By posting, I am eligible for incentives. All opinions stated are my own.