Check Out P.F. Chang’s Newest Chinese New Year Menu Items
P.F. Chang’s has some exciting news for this year! They will be celebrating the Chinese New Year with some unique dishes made with traditional ingredients symbolizing good luck and prosperity.
At P.F. Chang’s guests are surrounded by a unique, modern environment combining influences of Asian and American cultures evident from the décor through the menu. The new menu also commemorates the year of the horse – a symbol synonymous with P.F. Chang’s.
Just in time for the Chinese New Year introducing its latest seasonal menu at locations nationwide. New menu items include:
• Orange Ginger Beet Salad—Sliced red and gold beets mixed with fresh oranges and tossed with honey-ginger dressing, finished with crumbled goat cheese, candied walnuts and daikon sprouts. (Wine Pairing: Frog’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc)
• Shanghai Waldorf Salad—Fresh chopped kale, endive, radicchio, crisp apples, grapes, celery, grape tomatoes and candied walnuts tossed in a light miso-lime vinaigrette. (Wine Pairing: Estancia Pinot Grigio)
• Chili Shrimp Bao—Asian-inspired “sliders.” Warm, pillowy bao buns filled with Bibb lettuce, chili-marinated shrimp, pickled daikon, carrots and cucumber topped with tamarind-chili sauce. (Wine Pairing: Mer Soleil “Silver” Chardonnay)
• Firecracker Chicken—Savory and spicy hoisin-glazed chicken breast, wok-fired with pineapple, Chinese broccoli, Asian mushrooms, Fresno peppers and dried chilies. (Wine Pairing: S.A. Prum “Essence” Riesling)
• Red Wine and Pepper Braised Beef—Red wine and black pepper sauce wok-tossed with marinated flank steak, sliced potatoes, broccolini, Napa cabbage, grape tomatoes and Fresno peppers. (Wine Pairing: Alamos Malbec)
• Miso Glazed Salmon—Broiled and served with grilled baby bok choy and cool julienne daikon radish in a warm savory broth. (Wine Pairing: Tozai “Living Jewel” Junmai Sake)
The restaurant is also introducing two new desserts and beverages:
• Chocolate Raspberry Wontons—Handmade, crispy wontons with a creamy chocolate-raspberry filling, dusted with powdered sugar, served with chocolate and raspberry sauces, fresh raspberries and mint.
• Sweet Vanilla Cream Wontons—Handmade, warm and crispy wontons filled with vanilla cream cheese, dusted with powdered sugar, served with vanilla and raspberry sauces and fresh mint.
• Crimson Spritzer—Plymouth Gin and Luxardo Cherry Liqueur with marasca cherries, fresh lime juice and muddled kaffir lime leaves, topped with Mumm Napa Brut.
• Red Goose Martini—Grey Goose Vodka shaken with POM Wonderful pomegranate juice, Thai basil leaves, fresh ginger and lime juice.
I am most excited to try the Firecracker Chicken and the Sweet Vanilla Cream Wontons! They both sound so terrific and include combinations of ingredients that I have never tried before.
What is your favorite toast for 2014? Mine is toasting to my kids’ biological sister and her new baby. We wish them all the health and wellness this year can offer.
For a limited time, visit pfchangs.com/winter to receive an offer of $10 off a $40 purchase.
This is the perfect time for you all to check out P.F. Changs and all their delicious menu items.
What is your favorite menu item for the Chinese New Year?