The Best, Most Natural Way To Deal With My Daughter’s Disability

1. Cassandra WM says:

The ocean can be such a soothing, peaceful place to be. I try to go as much as possible. Your daughter is beautiful, and yes, she looks very content.

• Athena says:

I wish I could bottle it and make it available to her every time she starts to struggle. The world is becoming a very difficult place for her to navigate. She needs all the help she can get.

2. Becka says:

Wonderful pictures! 🙂 I love going to the beach and the kids really liked it too! 🙂

3. heather says:

I would love to be by the ocean as well…soo soothing!~

4. I love the ocean – it is healing on so many ways.

5. Michele says:

Your daughter definitely does look relaxed by the ocean-but then the sound of the ocean and watching the waves roll in is actually calming for most people. That ice cream looks good!

• Athena says:

Sadly I was too sick to have some of that ice cream but it definitely did look good. And she enjoyed every last bit of it.

6. Saundra M says:

The ocean is such a great and calming place. Just listening to the waves is helpful and I always feel more spiritual there. I also wish you could live near the ocean!

• Athena says:

There is just such a feeling of overwhelming calmness at the ocean. It calms her right down. Of course it calms most people down but with her issues, that is a huge accomplishment.

7. Kimberly says:

Beautiful pictures. Have you tried using a sound machine that has ocean noises?

• Athena says:

We had a noise machine that played multiple sounds and it broke. I definitely need to invest in another.

8. Maria says:

She looks so happy and content. I hope for more days of peace like today.

• Athena says:

From the second she wakes up (when we are in Maine) she asks when we are going to the ocean. This particular beach is never ever really full even in the busiest part of the season. We don’t always have the beach to ourselves but we are never piled on top of one another.

9. We do live very near the ocean. It can be quite peaceful at certain times of the year.

10. Amber Benoit says:

I love the beach I could go every day but I don’t live close enough.

• Athena says:

I never ever cared for the beach when I was younger. I never could quite see the attraction. But then in college it became a refuge. It has been ever since.

11. Becca Wilson says:

This looks like the ultimate in peaceful. can I go there too? 🙂