Distracted Driving – Did You Know?…What Now?

1. Jenn Corter says:

Hah, some of those really are rather outrageous. Definitely gotta let those kids find their own way around. 😉

2. Michelle F. says:

I am sure a lot of people do at least one of those. There are so many things that can be distracting.

3. Cheshire Cat says:

We are all distracted drivers, especially the cops with those big shiny screens and gadgets.

4. Michele says:

I’m kind of surprised that checking your side view mirror before changing lanes is not considered a distraction (tongue in cheek). I agree-some of the rules make sense–but some of those up there—-I know the states are hurting for money–but really!!

5. Lol imagine sitting in the car not talking to anyone, that is so crazy.

6. melisa says:

Wow, I can certainly understand some of these, but others, come on. What if I sneeze? Distraction?

7. Maggie C says:

Yes, I believe the law is far too open to interpretation. Like another commenter said, sneezing is a major distraction but I can’t stop doing that! I have to bring my kids places but I don’t want to ignore them in the car.

8. Liz Mays says:

If distractions were to be defined, the list would be positively endless. Some of these distractions are simply a part of life and can’t be helped though. We all just need to be cognizant of what we’re doing though. I’m sure each of us have a few things we could be more careful about.

9. maria says:

It is so easy to get distracted! The best tip is to leave your purse in the car and avoid any devices or grabbing unnecessary items when driving.

10. Debi says:

It drives me crazy when people are distracted when they are driving. There is nothing that needs to be fussed with that bad. But that being said, I am sure I would be considered a distracted driving when my kids are with me. They are good at getting my attention.

11. Some of those distractions are out of a driver’s control but I agree the major ones should be enforced!

12. Rebecca Swenor says:

This is interesting because many people wouldn’t think twice about some of them being a distraction. First think I though of being a distraction was kids. Anyway Thanks for pointing this out.