It is snowing for the fifth Saturday in a row. Yes you read that right. It seems perpetual and we are getting tired of it. We had big travel plans for the last few weekends and had to abandon them all. Today we were supposed to go to Ice Castles in New Hampshire. So heartbroken we sit wondering what to do… Why not whip up a batch of Toasted Cinnamon Pecans – perfect for a cold winter evening.
These are so awesome, my daughter can’t stop eating them so I am sure I will be making another batch tomorrow. And it is an easy recipe that she really could do entirely herself if she wanted to.
See how much fun she is coating the pecans in the sugar mixture….
That photo doesn’t look like a full pound of pecans but it sure is. Of course that is exactly why tomorrow may be a repeat baking session.
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Teaspoons Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Pound Pecans
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Sugar
- In a large bowl mix the egg white, water and vanilla.
- Mix the pecans into the wet mixture coating the pecans thoroughly.
- Pour all dry ingredients into a gallon sized baggie.
- Pour wet pecans into the dry mixture in the baggie, seal, shake thoroughly.
- Spread coated pecans onto a cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 60 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take the tray out and separate all the pecans and place back in for remaining 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container like a canning jar.