Keto Crack Chicken #Keto #LowCarb #KetoFriendly
This post contains affiliate links
I am always looking to try a new recipe that is Keto Friendly. I want our family to follow a low carb way of eating as much as possible and to do so – I need to keep them interested. Much of my cooking is done on the weekend and I always try to make enough for our family of five as well as enough to freeze for later in the week.
So this weekend we are trying Keto Crack Chicken and I can tell you it was a huge hit. I followed (basically) the recipe from Mess for Less with some minor variations.
What I love about this recipe is that it is mostly cooked in a crockpot. I couldn’t live without my crockpot. I am going to list the recipe for a double batch because I know you are going to want a double batch! This is cooked in a 7 Quart Crockpot and there is still a bit of room left.
First you’ll need boneless chicken breast – 4-4.5 pounds. Set your Crockpot on high and put about 20 ounces of chicken broth in. Place your chicken breasts in – if they are very large, I cut them in half just so they cook faster. You could always use tenderloins which will make cooking time alot more quick. Since I throw it in and head to the barn for several hours, larger breasts are fine for us. Add TWO Hidden Valley Ranch Powder Flavoring Packets to the water. Cook on high for approximately 5 hours (if using breasts).
While these are cooking – you need to bake up some bacon. Since this is a double batch I used two packages of bacon. Once those are cooked – cut up with your kitchen scissors into small pieces to add to your Crockpot later.
When they are cooked – take the breasts out and shred them. You can shred them with forks or with Meat Claws (so much easier and my hands don’t cramp up). Keep approximately 1 cup of broth in the Crockpot and return the shredded chicken to the pot.
Cut up chunks of cream cheese. Use two 8 ounce bars of full fat cream cheese. Don’t skimp here – on Keto you want full fat.
Your previously cooked bacon bits
Approximately 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese – mild or sharp is fine. We use mild almost always since the kids prefer it.
Cook on low for another 30-45 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure the melted ingredients are all evenly distributed throughout.
Once it looks like everything is nice and melted and gooey – you can serve. This is a very rich dish so I highly recommend serving it with some Keto friendly veggies on the side. You can even serve it wrapped in lettuce like a warm chicken salad wrap!
This is an awesome dish regardless of whether or not you are following a Keto plan. Perfect for guests and/or a potluck gathering.
And the finished meal looks like this…
Your issue will be trying to keep your children from digging in before you even get it out of the Crockpot.
- 4-4.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 packages dry ranch dressing powder
- 20 ounces chicken broth
- 2 packages of bacon
- 2 bars of full fat cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Place the chicken breast in a crockpot with the ranch dressing powder as well as chicken broth. Cook on high for approximately 5 hours. Take the chicken out and shred it - return it to the Crockpot in approximately 1 cup of the remaining broth.
- While the chicken in the Crockpot is cooking - bake your 2 packages of bacon and chop into small pieces when they are done.
- When the chicken is returned to the Crockpot - add the bacon, cream cheese (cut into chunks) and shredded cheddar cheese. Keep in low for 30-45 minutes and occasionally stir the Crockpot contents so all ingredients melt thoroughly.