IGTV or Instagram TV is a standalone app and accessible from the Instagram app; it’s the trending new long-form video channel in the online social media industry. The channel is gaining traction as more people opt for the channel to sell their business and entertain viewers. IGTV was officially established in June 2018 and, in the few years, has millions of users who can now promote the brands using the long-form video. The app works better compared to Instagram stories as you have more engagement with the audience and can showcase more. For verified user time is not limited as they can post videos that are one-hour long while regular users post videos that are 10 minutes long. Quite an advantage as many video making channels allow only 15-60 seconds of video recording.
To become a verified user requires putting some effort, producing quality videos, and having a very active page. Users need to have several followers, views and likes giving you an upper hand. However, it might take longer to again number giving a new option to buy igtv likes. The likes will boost your account, and more viewers can play your videos since you have numbers. The Instagram app offered a new feature IGTV series feature where users can create regular video series on IGTV. The user can release the videos weekly or monthly without any restrictions.
How to create IGTV channel
Instagram’s initial video upload process was quite challenging; the user had to create a new IGTV channel. These deter many from using the app; Instagram later did away with the process and introduced new ways. Today users need to create an IGTV account, which is an Instagram account. Previous users don’t have to create an Instagram account; they upload videos from the Instagram app or the IGTV app.
Process of uploading a video on IGTV from Instagram
- On Instagram, the app clicks the + icon on the bottom of the newsfeed.
- Next, select the video you wish to upload either 60 seconds or longer then click on the tab
- Now select the option share as long video; the option helps the user post their video as full-length video on IGTV. For short videos, go to the Instagram feed.
- Next, click on the continue button, pick a video cover from provided frames or your phone photo gallery, and click next.
- Enter the title and provide a short description of the video, the user can post a preview on the newsfeed. The IGTV app allows users to promote on different social apps; users can make the video visible on Facebook.
- The series feature is also reflected where users can implement it to make video series.
- Recheck all the steps and then click post on the top right, and there, the process is complete.
How to upload videos from the IGTV app?
- Go to the IGTV app and click on the + icon on the page.
- Next, select the type of video length (60seconds or more extended click the next button to proceed.
- Now select the video coverage from the frames or choose an image of your gallery.
- Select the next button to continue, now enter the title and a short description of the video.
- Users can have a preview post on the newsfeed and also share it on Facebook.
- The page also has a section for IGTV series, which you can use and produce series weekly or monthly.
- After filling the details (ensure to have a title and description), now click on the tab post to complete the uploading process.