Modern bathroom designs for small spaces
Agreed, bathroom interior design is a fine art of the highest order! Wondering why? Bathrooms are not just utilitarian spaces for doing our business these days in a manner of speaking! With all the stress, humidity, pressure and hectic schedules of our daily lives, they have transformed into urban sanctuaries.
This is why modern bathroom design has greatly evolved over the last few years, turning these hitherto neglected spaces into comfortable and dare say cozy spaces for people who use them on a regular basis. Bathrooms are steadily shedding their functional notions for enhanced style, aesthetics and a lot more. The only thing is that space constraints dog most Indian bathrooms of today, particularly in metro cities where apartment sizes are truly on the smaller end.
As a result, there exists a pressing need for quality bathroom interior design solutions which maximize aesthetic effects in smaller spaces while not neglecting functional requirements as well. This is where you should ideally get in touch with a suitable interior designer or design firm in Bangalore for doing up your bathroom and turning it into an oasis where you can simply relax and let all the daily stresses wash off you quite literally!
Tips for designing smaller bathrooms
Modern bathroom design is more lifestyle oriented and hence it takes into account various needs. Here are a few tips that may help you optimize your take-away from smaller sized bathrooms.
- Potted Plants- You may wonder at this tip but trust us, it does work! A little potted plant in a glass bottle with soil and pebbles underneath on the window sill may actually lend a more comforting aura to the space. You should remember that Vaastu-wise, bathrooms are regarded as harbingers of negative energies that have to be lowered. As a result, having the right plant on the window ledge will work wonders towards brightening up the overall ambience.
- Natural Light- Have exhaust fans not just for practical reasons but also for letting a little light into the bathroom along with contemporary windows which could be blinds or simply glass shutters. Natural light is a must for lowering negative energies in the space.
- Personalization- A little book case on the side of the pot where you can keep your favorite books/magazines (many of the people we know read most of their novels in their bathrooms) or handy essentials will be a good idea.
- Charming Cabinet- Bathroom storage is a handy way to store items without tampering with the floor space. Create your own loft on the topmost portions of the bathroom walls where you can stash away loads of stuff.
- Mirrors are recommended- For creating the illusion of more space, mirrors are strongly recommended. Have one above or beside your cabinet of toiletries. This could be as big as the space permits.
- Sleeker Bath Fittings- Antiquated and chunky bath fittings may unknowingly take up a lot of space for movements. Replace the same with sleeker and more stylish bath fittings that work well and do not take up as much space.
These are some bathroom interior design tips that you should keep in mind. Try looking for a good interior design firm in Bangalore to do up this space for you. Trust us, it matters!