Enjoying Our Winter Evenings With SOS Vegetarian Chili
Wow it has been just so incredibly cold here for what seems like an eternity. The kids have cabin fever – they aren’t getting outside at home and they aren’t getting outside at school. There are mounds of snow in our backyard two stories high and they whine and whine about wanting to go sledding outside – but when they go out (even with snowpants, boots, hats, gloves) they come back in ten minutes later crying they are so frozen they are sure they have frostbite.
But one recipe that always makes us happy to settle down in front of a great movie is our SOS (Stuff of Success) Vegetarian Chili. This is just one version of our chili – we make it so many different ways (and not always vegetarian) and it is the version we turn to most frequently. I prefer it because it is full of fiber and I always prefer meat free.
Now the best part about this recipe – no one ever knows it is vegetarian unless you tell them. Everything you see in the photo above goes into my chili – in a 6 quart crockpot. It fills it right up to the rim.
- 3 Bags of Morningstar Farms Grillers Crumbles (Veggie Crumbles)
- 2 Cans small red beans
- 1 Can black beans
- 2 Cans corn
- 3 Large cans tomato sauce
- 1 Small can tomato paste
- 3 Chili seasoning packets (I used original but you can use anything or your own seasoning)
- Open your cans of beans and corn - strain and rinse, then pour into crockpot.
- Pour all other ingredients into crockpot.
- Cook on high in crockpot for five hours or on low for 8 hours
- Serve with tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, sour cream or anything else you'd like