Easter is just about here and I have not prepared yet. Problem is, it is earlier this year than most years AND I am so busy with work, kids, horses and horse shows – everything else seems to take a back seat. But this is the week I really need to give it some thought.
About three years ago we stopped giving our youngest two children much candy for Easter. We give them literally one piece of candy – usually some sort of small chocolate bunny. I would love to give you some great non candy Gift basket ideas! Other than that we focus on other items:
- We start with Welch’s® Mixed Fruit Easter Fruit Snacks that are easily available at Target and Walmart stores, and online at Target.com and OrientalTrading.com. The Welch’s Easter Fruit Snacks come in an Easter themed box and pouch!
- DVD/Blu-Ray – a special movie favorite is always in their baskets. These can be very affordable. If you focus on new releases it is more expensive but if you focus on the bargain bins you can find some great movies for less than $6 or even discount videos on Amazon.
- Book(s) – a book of some kind is also in their basket. For my son it may simply be several comic books while my daughter loves books similar to the Divergent Series.
- Toy – my kids are getting older so they aren’t into cute little toys as much anymore. But they love fidget items, earbuds, headphones, portable chargers etc… A great source for these items is Five Below or Walmart.
- Gift Card – a gift card to allow them to download some additional music on their cell phones. Since we travel so much it is very helpful for them to have plenty of music that they love.
- Clothing Item – a small clothing item such as a tie, pair of socks, fashion scarf, baseball hat etc…
- Equestrian Item – No holiday is complete without an equestrian item. Maybe grooming supplies, show shirt/pants, polishing kit for show boots, etc… Trying to stay away from expensive items like helmets etc.. but if that happens to be what they need at the time, then it makes sense to get it. Keeping in mind that second hand is always a viable option!
I received payment, product(s) or services in exchange for an honest opinion. I only recommend products or services I use personally and/or I believe would be helpful for my readers. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product(s) or service(s) may differ from mine.