Moving off campus can be an amazing experience but it can also be quite daunting. However, if you are organized and you know what to expect you can make the transition an easy and even enjoyable one.
So let’s take a look at 7 essentials for off campus housing that will make your life so much easier.
- Utensil organizers – These are not exciting at all but they can keep those knives, forks, and spoons tidy. This will prevent you from having to rummage around looking for a spoon when you need one.
- Shelf liners – Keep the bottom of your shelves tidy so you don’t have to scrub them clean at the end of the semester.
- Rice, pasta, potatoes, couscous – Buy these in bulk if you can so you always have something in stock. Students are known for not eating well but with these staples in you’re less likely to go hungry.
- Vacuum – While no-one really wants to have to use a vacuum cleaner it is a must. Keep dirt and dust mites at bay by vacuuming your off campus housing at least once a week.
- Shower cleaner – Your shower should ideally be cleaned every time you use it. Realistically, though, you may want to clean it once a week.
Living Room Essentials
- A mop – This will ensure you can clean the floor when it gets dirty.
- Photographs – Want to be reminded of the good times? Place some photographs around the living room.
- Cushions – Don’t forget to take your favorite cushions with you so you can sit comfortably while you watch TV.
- Alarm clock – Buy an alarm clock and set it near your bed. Make sure you’re up so you can get to college in time.
- Drapes – Make your bedroom window look nice. Bring your drapes from home so your room is a nicer place to be.
- Bathroom rug – While this may not be at the top of your list right now you will appreciate one in the middle of the night. Bathroom floors can get cold and they can also get wet. A rug will help to keep the floor warm and dry, feeling better underfoot.
- Laundry Hamper – Keep all of your dirty laundry stored away nicely so it doesn’t pile up on the floor.
- Ornaments, books, music – Living away from home can be hard. Make sure you have all of your important belongings with you so you feel more at home.
- Extension cords – You may not have enough outlets in your room to power all your electrical equipment. An extension cord or 2 can be a lifesaver.
- Flashlight – These are useful should you have a power cut. Make sure you always have enough batteries.
- Tool kit – A basic tool kit could come in handy if you need to mend something.
When you have all of these essentials with you off campus housing can feel a lot more like home. You’ll also have almost everything you need to hand making day-to-day life so much easier.