This article does contain affiliate links
It has been 9 months since COVID has changed all of our lives. Everything we do has changed. We can’t just pick up and visit family any time we want; we can’t get medical attention any time we want; masks are pretty much worn 24/7; dining out is almost a thing of the past; movie theaters are a total no-no. The list goes on and on.
Inevitably someone close to you is going to catch COVID and it is in everyone’s best interest if you are prepared. I have created a COVID survival kit – everything the CDC and medical establishment are strongly suggesting if you catch COVID. The contents are designed to help with symptoms and monitor – so you know when to seek medical attention immediately.
So what’s in this life saving box?
NOTE: This does not serve as a medical opinion – strictly my thoughts
- Infrared (Touchless) Thermometer – most persons who catch COVID do end up with fevers. Make sure your fever doesn’t become unsafe. Contact your healthcare provider if it is at least 103; go straight to the emergency room if it is 105.
- Pulse Oximeter – one of the issues with COVID is it can cause sudden drops in oxygen levels. You will need to keep monitoring it. Anything below 90 – straight ER.
- Pedialyte – to combat dehydration.
- Nitrile Gloves – we choose heavy duty gloves so we don’t have to worry about them breaking or tearing.
- Masks – we have N95 masks in our kit but even surgical masks will be great.
- Cold Medicine – we have Alka-Seltzer plus cough and mucus DM but you could also use Mucinex DM. Something strong enough to break up congestion.
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen) and Motrin (Ibuprofen) for body aches.
- Afrin nasal spray – we have generic in our box but anything to provide sinus relief.
- Sudafed – to also help with decongestion.
- Vitamin D3, Zinc and Vitamin C – this is an essential combination that they are even using in the hospitals.
- DuroKleen Disinfectant
- Hand sanitizer
Now – as soon as someone close to you catches COVID, you will not need to run around to help them. Simply hand them this box and they are good to go!
Can you think of anything else that should be in this survival kit?