Holiday Candy Bark – You Can’t Go Wrong With Bark!
Whenever we make something with melted chocolate we refuse to waste any of the remaining melted chocolate. After all it is perfectly good and it would be a crying shame to just wash it down the sink. So what do you do with it?
Take a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread a layer of chocolate on it – whatever you have melted.
Then start turning it into something special. We used Cracker Jacks, mixed nuts, M&M’s, sprinkles, and sweetened coconut.
We put that all into the fridge for about 15 minutes to firm up a little. It is not totally solid – just a little firmer.
Then in this instance I melted a batch of green (white chocolate) and swirled it around on top. It adds another dimension to the flavor but it also adds some awesome color.
Place it back in the refrigerator for about an hour until it is solid through and through. Then remove the parchment paper backing and start breaking it into pieces.
Store in an airtight container.
If you like peppermint flavoring you could crush some candy canes and add that in. Then it would truly be Christmas in color and flavor.
- Melting chocolate - colors and flavors of your choice
- Mixed Nuts
- other options include:
- Other dried fruits
- Reeses pieces
- Crushed candy canes
- Anything you want...
- Melt a pot of chocolate and spread a thin layer out on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Before that hardens - add all the goodies such as M&Ms, nuts, coconut etc...
- Allow that to cool (place in the refrigerator to make it cool quickly)
- Then take it out of the refrigerator and drizzle an alternative color/flavor chocolate on top to add dimension
- Return to refrigerator to cool
- Once cool, remove the parchment paper backing and break into uneven pieces