2 healthy and traditional South Indian kheer recipes
Enriched in nutrition, kheer is directly connected with Indian emotions. There are subtle differences between North Indian and South Indian kheer recipes. For the South Indian people, kheer is meant to be prepared traditionally and is prepared on the auspicious occasions mainly. But you might get confused after watching several conventional kheer recipes over the internet. Here we bring you the two healthy and traditional South Indian kheer recipes if you wish to prepare it at home.
- Rice kheer recipe
The heavenly flavor of saffron and basmati rice, the goodness of milk, dried fruits, and nuts are different from the rest. Rice kheer recipe is not so difficult to prepare at home. To get a better result, use condensed milk.
- 5 teaspoons Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1-litre milk
- 1 cup of best quality basmati rice
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Finely chopped nuts
Procedure to make rice kheer
- Soak the rice in water overnight.
- Pour the whole milk in a pan and boil it.
- In the meantime, take a little amount of warm milk in a small container and add Nestlé MILKMAID and saffron, mix it well and keep the bowl aside.
- Once the milk is boiled, add rice to it and mix them well and stir slowly.
- After a few minutes, when the rice is almost done add sugar and stir thoroughly.
- In the next step, add all the dried fruits and nuts and let it cook for another few minutes.
- After that, add the saffron soaked condensed milk and cardamom powder and mix them well.
- Once the kheer thickens, put the flame off and let it cool down.
- Now, the delicious rice kheer is ready to be served.
- Sabudana kheerrecipe
Sabudana kheer is considered, as one of the most traditional dishes popular in the south part of the country. By following the below Sabudana kheer recipe, you can easily prepare this delicious dessert at home in no time at all.
- 1 cup of tapioca pearls
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 and ½ cup of water
- 2/3 cups of sugar
- Cardamom powder
- Chopped nuts and raisins
Procedure to make sabudana kheer
- Take the tapioca pearls in a bowl and add water in it and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Pour the milk into a pan and heat it.
- In the next step, take the tapioca pearls in another pan and cook.
- After 5 minutes, add the heated milk into the pan and stir slowly until it thickens.
- Then add rest of the ingredients and stir slowly for another 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with nuts and serve before you serve it.
Thus, following these easy recipes, you can make any occasion more special.