Before doing an in-depth discussion about Alzheimer’s, let us understand the definition of it. Well, it is progressive as well as an irreversible brain disorder. If someone is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, he or she will lose all their memories slowly.
Besides, they will also lose their thinking skills. And time will come when they will be unable to do even the simplest of tasks. Therefore, let us have a conversation about Alzheimer’s disease and everything that comes with it.
Is it possible to treat Alzheimer’s disease?
Well, there are no such ways to treat Alzheimer’s disease. Besides, you cannot also get rid of the progression. However, some drugs will relieve the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. There are also non-drug options that help treat Alzheimer’s disease.
Alzheimer’s care facilities for seniors is one of the options that you can check. There, you will find various efficient caregivers who will take care of the patients. In case you want to keep the patients at home, here are some tips to take care of the patient.
- Try to reduce the frustration of the patient. It is a common fact that they will get frustrated due to their inefficiency in doing simple tasks. During that time, you have to comfort them by involving them.
- Create a safe environment for patients. When a person has Alzheimer’s disease he or she loses the ability to judge. And for that reason, they become prone to various dangers. So, it is imperative to create a safe environment for them.
- Try to become more flexible with the patients. People suffering from this disease will become dependent on you. So, you must stay flexible, as it will comfort the patient. Validate their feelings. Make sure not to lose your patience.
- Individualized care is essential if someone has Alzheimer’s. You need to know that different people will have various symptoms and different progressions. Hence, individualized care is necessary.
What are the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease?
Now, we will discuss the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. It will help you to understand if someone is suffering from that disease or not.
- Memory loss
It is the most common and significant symptom of Alzheimer’s disease. Due to this, the everyday life of the patient will get disrupted. For instance, the patient will forge essential dates, as well as events. Also, there is a possibility that the patient will ask you the same question again and again.
- Difficulty in accomplishing tasks
Another common symptom that you may come across is difficulty in doing tasks by the patients. There are various things that they will find challenging. For instance, it will be hard for the patient to drive the car to a specific location. Moreover, they may also find it difficult to organize the grocery.
- Trouble to comprehend the visual images
If someone in your house is going through visual problems, there is a possibility that he or she is suffering Alzheimer’s. And this trouble will further escalate to difficulty in reading. Also, other issues can take place like difficulty in judging colors, distance, as well as contrast. Also, driving for the patient will be a tough job.
When to see a doctor?
The symptoms that we have mentioned above are the early symptoms of Alzheimer’s. If you see that someone in your house is going through those symptoms, you need to get in touch with a doctor. A doctor is the best person who will guide you on this issue. You have to make sure that you are following everything instructed by the doctor.
How doctors diagnose Alzheimer’s diseases?
There are a few ways to diagnose Alzheimer’s disease. So, here are some of the ways by which one can diagnose Alzheimer’s disease. So, here are some of the points that you can try.
- Ask questions to that person about his or her mental health. There are various things that you can ask, like medicines, diets, and other things.
- Go through the standing medical tests like urine tests and blood tests. It will help you to comprehend other causes for which it is happening.
- Conduct memory tests, attention, problem-solving, counting, as well as languages. It will help you a lot.
- Perform the scanning of the brain like CT scan, Positron Emission Tomography, and private MRI scans.
Maybe, you have to repeat these tests if your doctor recommends you.
The Bottom line
If someone close to you is suffering from Alzheimer’s, you need to take care of that person. You can opt for local memory care facilities or assisted living homes. There, your loved one will stay safe and healthy. Hence, before making any decision, it will be the best option for you to get in touch with a doctor.