Alcoholic drinks are just one of many low-carb foods that can throw you out of ketosis. Alcoholic beverages (beer and other liquors) are high in sugar, and it’s easy to drink too much of them, putting the body out of ketosis. That’s why it’s essential to focus on reducing alcohol intake, even if you’re mainly interested in losing weight.
There are numerous keto non alcoholic drink recipes that you can quickly whip up and enjoy with friends and family. This article will help spark your bartending skills and help you create your keto-friendly drink.
Best Non-Alcoholic Ingredients You Can Use For Your Keto-Friendly Drink:
Keto-friendly drinks such as smoothies are a great way to get the nutrients you need in a convenient, tasty way. There are plenty of recipes for low-carb drinks that include alcohol, but if you’re on a ketogenic diet, there are other options. Here are some non-alcoholic ingredients you can use instead:
- Almond milk: Almond milk is ideal for adding creaminess to your drink without adding carbs. You can even replace cow’s milk in recipes that call for it.
- Coconut milk: Coconut milk has a slightly sweet taste and is also high in fat. Use it to add flavor to your drink while staying within your diet’s limits.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt has twice as much protein as regular yogurt and less sugar, making it an ideal choice for those on a low-carb diet such as keto. It makes an excellent base for smoothies because it creates a thick texture without adding too many calories or carbohydrates.
- Heavy cream: Full-fat cream is one of the best options because it’s high in fat and protein, which will help keep you full. It also tastes great with most fruits and vegetables. Just be sure to add only a little, or your drink will become too thick and creamy!
How To Make A Keto-Friendly Non-Alcoholic Drink?
Keto drinks are a great way to get in your daily dose of fat and protein, but sometimes the taste can be a bit unpleasant. So how do you make keto drinks taste better? Here are some tips:
- Add Healthy Fats: Keto drinks are already high in fat, but if you want to make them even creamier, consider adding extra butter, coconut oil, or MCT oil. These fats will add flavor and help you absorb the nutrients from your vegetables while providing essential vitamins and minerals.
- Add Low-Carb Fruits: Fruits like bananas, apples, and strawberries are too high in carbs for a keto diet, but there are plenty of other low-carb fruits that taste great in drinks — like raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries!
- Add Sugar Alternatives: Many natural sweeteners, for example, monk fruit, are low on the glycemic index. Add these sweeteners as per your taste and blend all the ingredients for a perfect keto non-alcoholic drink recipe.
Yes, it’s true—you cannot drink alcohol on the keto diet. Alcohol is made with sugar or grains and would make you break out of ketosis. But there are other delicious options for getting drinks to a keto dinner party.