It’s That Time of Year – Toasted Cinnamon Pecans
The cooler weather is here – not so many truly cold days yet but cooler just the same. Right now we are still wearing sweatshirts and sometimes a vest. This cooler weather naturally turns our thoughts to our favorite treat…Toasted Cinnamon Pecans!
We actually make them several different ways – this one is with sugar but sometimes we also use Splenda’s Sugar Blend. You can make it either way – you get a little more crunch with regular sugar but when I prefer a little less calorie filled treat I go with the blend option. I always need to make a double batch because the kids eat so much of it fresh out of the oven.
This is also a really easy recipe that my daughter can entirely make it herself if she wanted to. She has a great deal of fun helping in the process.
That photo doesn’t look like a full pound of pecans but it sure is. Of course that is exactly why we make a double batch at a time.
For the most part the ingredients are usually in our house. We just had to buy the pecans. Everything else are common pantry items that almost everyone would have readily available in their home. And even pecans we normally have in the house – or some other nuts for sure.
So as you sit down to a warm apple cider or hot cocoa – plan to have yourself a nice snack of Toasted Cinnamon Pecans.
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Teaspoons Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Pound Pecans
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Sugar
- In a large bowl mix the egg white, water and vanilla.
- Mix the pecans into the wet mixture coating the pecans thoroughly.
- Pour all dry ingredients into a gallon sized baggie.
- Pour wet pecans into the dry mixture in the baggie, seal, shake thoroughly.
- Spread coated pecans onto a cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 60 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take the tray out and separate all the pecans and place back in for remaining 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container like a canning jar.