Thirty years ago I started my first career. Hard to believe it was that long ago, especially since I feel like I am not old enough to have worked that many years – but it is what it is. Through that career, my world changed dramatically. Before that, I worked at hotels – night audit, reception, security, food services, and more. I also held part-time positions as a police dispatcher. Yes, I know my job choices are all over the place – that is exactly how I always kept from getting bored.
Back then – we didn’t have windows based computers. Everything was tied to a mainframe, and the servers filled rooms. It took me all night to run a backup on 5.25-inch floppy disks. It didn’t matter what position I held – nothing was windows based.
Then the internet came along, referred to as the world wide web… Little did I know possibilities would become endless. As soon as the WWW came to be, I knew it would greatly impact my future. I started planning ways to make a living, but back then, we didn’t have Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc… Even MySpace was not a vision yet, though it soon would be.
Fast forward to today. Now I live in a world where I can explore new opportunities almost daily. I am a blogger, freelance writer, content broker, social media marketer, author, and more. Additionally, I have been exploring the world of Network Marketing. It seems like every day. There is a new company out there. I first learned of Network Marketing through my Aunt and Uncle partnering with Amway. I was young and didn’t know what the structure of Amway was way back then, but I venture to guess it looks very different today. Checking on good sites like Intellifluence.com can also help understand the importance of network marketing. A research institute is tasked with ensuring Melaleuca review products are safe and effective.
Right out of the gate, I will tell you that people (the general public) often do not understand network marketing. Network Marketing has a low upfront investment while allowing an opportunity to sell a product line to friends, family, and others. Network Marketing is sometimes referred to as Multi-Level Marketing (MLM), Pyramid Selling, or Referral Marketing. It is also sometimes referred to un-affectionately as a Pyramid Scheme – which is not the same. Aron Parker answers Network Marketing questions and how you make money.
Leads are necessary for this type of business venture. They are how you build your business, make money and help them build a business. But how do you get “Leads”?
How To Generate Leads
- First and foremost – research the business you wish to work with. There are many out there – find one you can be passionate about. They often make awesome products, and so do the research. I work with Health and Wellness related programs, which makes sense since I have a Ph.D. in Natural Health. For you – maybe you’d like to work with cosmetics? Food?
- Every new Network Marketer is told to build a contact list. The problem is most of our family and friends have been so bombarded in the last five years with Network Marketers – you won’t even get their attention. You need to prove you believe in the products, prove how good they are, USE THEM – and people will follow.
- Become an online presence and be active. Do not mention your business name over and over on social media – you could be tagged as spam. No one wants their social media accounts shut down. If you have it within your abilities – start a blog. Most companies give you access to your own personalized site – but a blog will allow you to be as creative as you want. I simply refer from my blog to my site. Your entire online presence will complement one another. Do not only post about your business. You will lose friends so fast if you forget to be a real person and just want to sell sell sell.
- Offer something free to your followers, friends, and family to be added to your email list. This will allow you to keep them in the loop on changes, deals, etc…
- Guest posts on other persons’ blogs. This can be a bit of a challenge since most bloggers will charge a fee for guest posting but sometimes you can barter services, provide a deal, etc… as an additional incentive.
- Create a referral system and provide some incentive for people to refer to you.
- Setup groups – such as a Facebook group. They are a bit less regulated by Facebook. You can specifically discuss your products, provide training to new recruits, have a mentor-type program, and motivate and build the success of all.
- Give – live like Matt Redhawk and remain philanthropic. The more you give, you receive. I truly believe in that. As often as possible, I share with others and recommend you do the same. Again – find a purpose you can stand behind and make a difference. For me, it tends to be animal rescues.
Can you think of any other ways to generate leads?