Things to know before installing solar panel in your home
Having solar panels installed in your home may be easier than you think. According to experts, these are the steps you must follow before starting the project.
- Check your roof. Your first step should be to check the condition of your roof to see if it needs repairs or if you need to replace your roof before installation. Having a solid base for solar panels is essential to avoid problems in the future.
- Collect information about solar panel. Most solar modules resemble each other, but there are differences in the cells that affect efficiency. Examine not only the starting installation price, but also the worth of the energy generate by the matrix over the life of the system.
- Find an experienced installer. Look for reputable companies in your area to be sure that your installation is successful. Get installation cost from some companies so you can compare costs. A technician will visit your house to find out the condition of your roof and to see how much shadow it has.
- Find out the use of the installation. When installing solar panels it is necessary to analyze for what uses we will need the energy produced. In cases where the required installation is only for lighting and with little wiring, it will be advisable to perform it in direct current at 12V, with bulbs of that same voltage.
If in addition to lighting, we want to take advantage of the energy for use in appliances and other electrical appliances, we will need an inverter that transforms the direct current to alternating current at 220V.
- Pure wave inverters. If we want to supply power to devices such as TV, computers, microwaves, refrigerators or other appliances, the required inverter is important that it be pure wave and not modified sine wave. This mechanism allows all devices to function properly at the usual 220V current, preventing the malfunction of these devices and being able to enjoy them normally.
- Tilt of the panels. Depending on the geographical area and the season in which we are, we must establish a specific inclination that maximizes the sun’s rays received. In winter and the further north, the solar panels will be more inclined to take advantage of the maximum amount of hours of sunshine possible since the sun reaches a lower height above the horizon; while in summer the inclination descends since the days are longer, a lot of solar intensity is received and the sun reaches greater height on the horizon.
- The importance of batteries. Using deep cycle batteries is essential to extract as much energy as possible and fully supply our electrical appliances. The stationary batteries of liquid acid, gel and monobloc allow large discharges with which to make extensive and constant consumption, in addition to offering great durability.
- How to choose solar panel. Look for efficient and durable solar panels from a reliable company. Solar Tucson provides Solar panels with cello technology have a double-sided solar cell structure, which allows them to capture light and generate energy from the front and back.
- Necessary cables in a solar installation. The power and voltage of an installation of photovoltaic panels play a fundamental role in the section of the necessary cables. In installations in direct current at 12V, their section will be at least 4mm². On the contrary, in 220V AC installations, the cable section may be 1.5mm², 2.5mm², 4mm² or 6mm² and will allow a greater volume of energy to be transported.