Why bathroom paint color is important and what are the best options
Bathrooms play an important functional role in any space. They see a lot of traffic and we spend a lot of our time taking care of ourselves in the bathroom. Social media and blogs are full of pristine bathrooms ranging from spa-like spacious and luxurious ones to tiny and extremely functional powder rooms.
One of the most important elements in the design of a bathroom is the color used on the walls of the space. The easiest way to update your bathroom and give it a new look is by adding a fresh coat of paint. However, choosing the color can be a difficult decision to make. While there are no rules to choosing the bathroom colors, one can easily get confused with the array of colors that could work for this space.
We have curated a list of the best bathroom color options and ideas to create a space that you will love.
- Use the color wheel: The color wheel can come in very handy when you are confused about what colors to use in the bathroom. It can help in directing you towards hues that go best together to bring about an overall wholesome look. You can use color combinations such as yellow and purple or green and magenta to give the bathroom space a fresh look.
- Choose three colors: Another technique for creating a beautiful bathroom color scheme is by using the rule of three. Pick one neutral color, one rich color, and one accent color. Choose them keeping in mind the proportions and rely on a 70/20/10 distribution. 70% of the décor should be in the lightest color, 20% in the second lightest, and 10% in the boldest color. A palette of white, cocoa brown, and blue is a great example of such a color combination and brings about a classic and clean look. Make sure you use the right shade of bold color to create a harmonious pallet.
- Mix two neutrals: To create an atmosphere of serenity and relaxation, neutrals are your perfect armor. Neutral create the best understated luxurious look for a calming powder room feel without being boring. White and gray is a great example of such a combination. Make sure you make a distribution of 70/30 when using two neutrals. To make it even more interesting visually, you can use patterned elements on the flooring and countertops.
- Use dark colors: Many people are wary of using dark colors in favor of brighter and lighter colors, especially for the bathrooms. However, certain dark colors in rich, deep tones, such as cocoa and charcoal, can bring about a dramatic contrast when wall painting design is balanced with white fixtures and trim. One can add a dose of another hue, like green, to add a contemporary look at the same time. To add some more elements one can add décor elements, like mirrored lamps, that add space and reflections.
- Organic pallet: Another pallet for a bathroom that looks fresh is a nature-inspired color pallet. Colors such as seafoam green and blue can help in enhancing the organic vibe in the bathroom. You can incorporate colors pulled from nature on the bathroom walls and add elements of wood in surfaces and décor items to bring together an overall fresh and organic vibe.
When choosing a color pallet, make sure you keep the amount of area and space of the bathroom in mind and also draw inspiration from the rest of the house to maintain harmony in the look.
House painting design and perfect execution of the same becomes extremely easy with professional service providers. AapkaPainter is a painting service provider that guides you through the selection process and gives you the flexibility to choose from a wide range of products, keeping your budget intact. They are the easiest way to paint any space, bringing in technology, automation, and service guarantee.