Your smile is considered one of the best makeup you can wear. Having a good set of teeth enhances your appearance and boosts your confidence when you smile. If your teeth are discolored, broken, disfigured, or even crooked, you can use cosmetic dentistry to help restore your perfect smile. Cosmetic dentistry involves treatment to improve the appearance of teeth and gums. With an improvement in appearance comes the confidence to smile and socialize confidently. With constant innovation in cosmetic dentistry in Gainesville, no one should feel demoralized for having an unattractive set of teeth. Working with a qualified cosmetic dentist can dramatically boost your facial appearance by complementing it with a nice set of teeth.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
The fact that dental problems can easily be rectified is a welcome relief to many. Through cosmetic dentistry, even complicated dental problems can be easily rectified. Here are the top benefits of going through cosmetic dentistry:
- Cosmetic dentistry can make you look young – Old age is not an excuse for not looking good and attractive; it is not a secret that most dental problems that come with old age can negatively impact your physical appearance. Problems like dental erosion and discoloration of teeth are common among the elderly. Through cosmetic dentistry, such minor problems are easily rectified, hence restoring your younger appearance.
- Cosmetic dentistry can prevent future dental damage – Besides improving your appearance, cosmetic dentistry is also instrumental in ensuring that you do not experience dental damage in the future. If not treated in time, dental damage like fractures and worn-out edges of the teeth can snowball into serious problems leading to tooth removal.
- Cosmetic dentistry can strengthen your teeth – A weak tooth can deny you the opportunity to enjoy your favorite meal. Cosmetic dentistry is not only designed to change your appearance; it also seeks to support your weak tooth so that it can function normally.
- Provide you with more confidence – Your level of confidence is central to your success in virtually every field. Whether you are working or still in school, having a beautiful set of teeth can work magic in dramatically boosting your confidence. Whether you have teeth that are discolored, broken, worn, misaligned, misshapen or have gaps between them, procedures in cosmetic dentistry can be used to correct any of the mentioned problems. Once this is done, your confidence will automatically improve.
What types of cosmetic dentistry exist?
Procedures conducted in cosmetic dentistry come in different shapes and forms. The choice of a cosmetic dentistry procedure will be determined by what someone needs to fix. Here are common cosmetic dentistry that exists:
- Crowns-The best way to restore a damaged tooth is through the use of crowns. This cosmetic dentistry procedure is performed using permanent prosthetic restoration designed to restore a damaged tooth to its original size and shape.
- Bonding: In most cases, bonding is done by applying a tooth-colored resin to repair a discolored or decayed tooth. The bonding procedure is easy to conduct since it only requires a few minutes. Many people who have gone through the bonding procedure will tell you that all it takes is a single visit, and your problem is solved. However, it is important to note that bonding is highly prone to chipping or staining compared to other forms of restoration.
- Invisalign-The Invisalign cosmetic dentistry procedure uses a series of clear and invisible custom-molded aligners to give you the straight teeth that you have always craved. These aligners are easy to maintain in terms of cleaning since they can be removed when you are eating. This makes the process of brushing them easier as compared to braces.
Cosmetic dentistry gives you the chance to correct any dental problem that might rob you of your joy. Visiting a specialist should be a top priority for anyone seeking to correct a dental problem.