Your website is the digital equivalent of a physical store for a business. Suppose a customer comes into your store, looks around, and then leaves without even asking a question or talking to you. The same happens on websites.
Customers may visit your websites and then leave after taking a look. This is not something you want. You want them to look around, find the material they think is useful, and give their information by filling a form. This is what is known as lead generation.
Lead generation is one of the toughest jobs for companies. However, it is essential for every business. So, we have curated a list of tips and tricks that can turn your website into a lead generation machine. Implementing even a few of these can be helpful for your business.
1. Create a Well-Designed Website
This is one of the most basic steps for generating leads through your website. Your user interface (UI) has to be simple, yet aesthetic enough to capture the attention of your targeted audience.
An interactive website has easily available navigation buttons, simple layouts, and similar color schemes on every web page. Such websites can draw the attention of viewers. You have to make the customers stay and interact with your content.
A professional web designing agency can help you design your website in a better way. They have the tips and tricks needed by businesses to attract customers via website design. You can find such web design and development companies on the Internet easily.
For example, a Google search result for web designing agency New York can help you discover a hub of web design experts in NYC. These experts are willing to customize your website to generate valuable leads that convert into sales.
Some of the most relevant website designing tips are:
- Employ whitespace on your website.
- Make sure that your website is equally interactive and responsive on both a mobile phone and a laptop.
- Add photos and videos with relevant alt texts and descriptions. This helps in the website’s SEO optimization.
2. Generate Content That Holds The Visitors
After the visitors have stayed due to your aesthetically pleasing website, the next thing they do is read what is there on your website. It has to be either informative or entertaining enough to grab their attention.
Your content is the heart of your website. If you can provide some kind of information that users find helpful, they will stay. Good content also attracts organic traffic. Provide them valuable content like case studies, ebooks, or whitepapers on subjects related to your product.
Some tips for generating great content are:
- Have a product explainer video of 2-3 minutes. Video content is becoming a better interactive tool than written content.
- Apply the 80/20 rule for all your content. This means 80% of your content must be educational or entertaining for viewers. Only the next 20% should be promotional. You need to talk more about the customers. Your content should show your customers how your product can help them with their problems.
- Use relevant keywords. Optimize your content according to best SEO practices to rank them higher on search results.
3. Increase the Use of CTA
A call-to-action (CTA) is a prompt text that leads visitors further down the sales funnel. It is in the form of a hyperlink or a button that can be pressed by viewers. Some examples are buttons like ‘buy now’ or ‘sign up ‘.
Such CTAs should be equally distributed throughout your website. They should be bold and visible. Have them positioned at places where you get the maximum visitors. It could be at the end of a blog post or as a big banner on pages that get more traffic.
CTAs have many uses. A lead nurturing CTA could be used for giving your prospective leads something to try for free. For example, a free demo of your product. A lead generation CTA will ask visitors to sign up for your newsletter and a closing CTA will ask them to buy your product.
A strategy for CTA could be called KTR:
- Know what to write in each CTA to generate maximum leads.
- Test which type of CTA works the best for you.
- Research on your CTA placements that generate maximum leads.
4. Develop High Converting Landing Pages
A landing page is a page on your website that a user “lands on” after clicking through your promotional email, Facebook ad, or any such promotional link related to your product. Landing pages are there to serve one single agenda – converting visitors to leads.
How can you optimize your landing page to serve this agenda better? You can do so by giving the visitors exactly what they want. For example, if a visitor came from a link that talked about ‘latest offers‘, you should not take him to a page that talks about Christmas gifts. He should land on a page that talks about the latest offers in a simple way.
Some elements of a successful landing page are:
- A compelling headline
- A distinct and bold CTA is placed where the viewers can readily see it.
- Visual items like explainer videos, featured images, and testimonials.
- Easily visible contact information.
- Minimize all the clutter on this page and do not give any navigation links on it. It should only have a CTA.
- Mobile-friendliness to accommodate different mobile devices.
5. Optimize Your Lead Forms to Gain More Leads
Lead forms are information collection forms. This is the most important aspect of your lead generation. That’s because it is here that you are converting your visitors into leads by asking them to give their personal information.
This information is utilized by the sales team to simply initiate a conversation with the leads. The conversation can be turned into a sale.
Lead forms can be simple like ‘contact us’ or ‘know more about us’ or they could be gated content. Such content is an incentive given to users in exchange for their personal information. For example, a free e-book after they sign up for your newsletter.
Some tips regarding lead forms are:
- Position lead forms at places they can be easily seen but not too much that the user feels spammed.
- Use less number of fields. These forms should be small and ask for fewer details like email addresses and names. This is done to ensure the users that their privacy is not being violated.
- Set an automatic response message thanking the lead for their time. You can personalize each message to make earnest connections.
- Optimize the form with best SEO practices. Use keywords and include features that bring in more leads.
A lead-generating website can reduce the amount of money you spend on marketing your product. It also results in more organic traffic reaching your website.
Your website is the center of your product. It has to look and function a certain way for your product to sell. Invest in an expert website designing team to help you transform your website into a lead-generating machine.
Use tactics like improved landing pages, more CTAs, and great content as talked about in the article. Implement these best practices and witness a change in your lead generations.