Eucalyptus Oil is on of my favorite essential oils. It is a distilled oil from the leaf of the Eucalyptus plant native to Australia.
What are some of the uses and benefits?
- This oil may be used to clean surfaces – it is great for disinfecting. If you happen to have someone in the house with a cold, flu or that crazy stomach bug – keep this oil handy at all times, in every room for any surface.
- Helps lessen feelings of tension – minimizing headaches and body soreness. Do you have an exam at school coming up? Or a presentation at work? A PPT for your child at school? Don’t let this stress overwhelm you – bring along a drop or two of Eucalyptus Oil to ease your day.
- Promotes feelings of relaxation especially after a tough day at work or school. Do you need to relax after a hard day at work or school? This is the perfect solution. Put a drop or two on your hand and smell it about an hour before you are looking to head to bed. Your mind will be more clear and thoughts will calm down in time for you to lay your head on your pillow and get some quality ZZZsss.
- Opens airways and improves breathing. This is for anyone but if you happen to be asthmatic or have some other breathing concern – Eucalyptus can help get you through your days.
- Excellent oil to use with massages. Since this oil is perfect for relaxation it also is perfect for a massage where you are trying to relax even more. You will finish your massage completely relaxed and invigorated.
- Cleanses surfaces and the air as well as can be used to purify skin. Add a drop or two to your favorite facial cleanser or body wash and your skin will feel awesome.
- When added to a mouth rinse it can help freshen breath and improve oral hygiene. All you Keto dieters – try this. Following a Keto diet can lead to bad breath – it is a by product of ketosis. Eucalyptus oil can help.
- On days like today – cold, damp and dreary – it is perfect to add to a diffuser.
- Fill a spray bottle with water and add several drops of Eucalyptus Oil – it makes for a great cleaning agent particularly for surfaces in places like the bathroom and kitchen. Huge priority when people are sick in the house. Keep those germs from spreading.
- When you need to be invigorated, focused or add a little energy to your day – simply place one or two drops in your hand and inhale. Another option would be to put one or two drops in an aromatherapy necklace or bracelet.
- Add several drops to unscented moisturizing cream and apply to your skin – I love adding this to my feet before I put my socks on and head out for my day.
- Place a few drops in your morning shower (directly on to the floor) to invigorate and increase energy to take on your day.
- Its properties also lend well to being an insect repellent.
- Eucalyptus Oil can be applied to wounds to prevent infection.
- Are you stuffed up? It also acts as a natural decongestant.
Please note this is an oil that can be toxic in humans if used to excess – so just a drop or two goes a long way. And it is toxic to cats.