How To Clean Your Home Throughout The Year
There’s a nice feeling you get when you walk into a clean home with fresh air and well-organized furniture. After clearing the weed on your yard, you always take a break for a couple of days before weeding again. Not so for your home. Your home needs cleaning every day throughout the year.
After all, you cook, wear clean clothes, and move around your house every day. These activities make your home either dirty, cluttered or smelling filth. It even becomes more troublesome to keep your home clean if you have pets or kids. Depending on the activities going on there, you might clean it twice or thrice in a day. That’s stressful.
Here are effective ways to clean your home throughout the year.
Create A Practicable Schedule
You can’t build a house without a plan. Likewise, to keep your home clean, you need a practicable schedule. Include enough resting hours/minutes in your schedule. Also, leave room for adjustment. Such adjustment allows you to add more duties, such as when you get a baby. Otherwise, an emergency could occur and mess with the schedule. Additionally, check this website to know about modern house cleaning tips and tricks.
We are in the world; anything can happen. So, a practicable schedule helps you to honor it without straining. Allocate enough time, therefore, for daily, weekly, and monthly duties:
Whether you live alone, with relatives or friends, your home needs daily cleaning. Cleaning doesn’t only involve mopping the floor or cleaning the utensils. No, it also involves organizing tables, spreading the bed, and changing curtains.
Here are daily activities your schedule should have:
- Making the bed
- Straightening the sofas or wiping them, depending on their make
- Cleaning the utensils and wiping the dining table
- Wipe kitchen sink and counters
- Wash one load of clothes to reduce the weekly bundle
- Mop the living room and the kitchen
- Wipe the toilet seat
- Organize the living and kitchen furniture
- Empty the trash can
- Wipe the shoes
Every week, do a thorough cleaning of your home. That can be the weekend or your off-days (if you are employed). Give special attention to the areas you cleaned rashly during the daily schedule. Such areas, in most cases, are the washroom and the kitchen.
Your weekly duties can be:
- Washing all the laundry, including bath mats
- Scrubbing the washroom and bathtubs
- Vacuum cleaning the house
- Wiping all the electrical appliances such as TV, fridge, and the microwave
- Cleaning the doors, windows, and the door knocks
- Changing the bedding
- Emptying and cleaning scrubbing trash can
- Washing the shoes
I bet if you honor daily and weekly schedules, your monthly duties will be easy, fast, and less troublesome. Nonetheless, you can equally do the monthly chores during your weekly schedules. Especially, if there is an extra hand to help.
Monthly duties may include:
- Mopping under the bed, sofas, and other furniture
- Cleaning under all seat cushions
- Cleaning the basements
- Removing the cobwebs
- Cleaning the gutters
- Clearing the grass and mold on pathways
- Washing pillow protectors and shams
The daily, weekly, and monthly schedules can change depending on the size of your house. Plus, the number of occupants and the amount of property you own.