Technology has developed new tools and methods to improve health and wellness. One of the most promising treatments today is LED light therapy. It involves using light of different wavelengths to target a specific health condition.
LED light therapy is growing in popularity due to its benefits and accessibility. Although further research on utilizing it for treatment is ongoing, initial findings show it has great potential to promote overall wellness.
Here are three things about LED light therapy’s health benefits.
It Can Help Manage Pain And Inflammation
Experts are developing a way to utilize LED light therapy to help manage pain and inflammation. Specific wavelengths can help target the inner layers of the skin and interact with the cells to help promote healing. If you’re struggling with any of the following problems, LED light therapy might help.
- Muscle Soreness: An intense workout or physical activity can cause muscle soreness. While it usually goes away independently, undergoing red light therapy might help.
Red LED light penetrates deeper into the skin. Some studies also show that this specific wavelength can boost body function, giving you enough energy to finish daily tasks.
- Inflamed Wound: The body can heal wounds. However, inflammation can cause pain and discomfort that impede your daily function. Without proper treatment, the swelling might persist.
You can try LED light therapy as a supplementary treatment for an inflamed wound. It can help stimulate your cells to quicken healing and repair.
- Chronic Pain: Managing chronic pain can be challenging. While taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs and other pain relievers can help, these medications may have adverse effects on your body in the long run.
LED light therapy for chronic pain is one of the latest innovations in technology and health. Red and near-infrared light’s anti-inflammatory benefits can help reduce body aches and aid in faster recovery from an injury.
One great benefit of LED light therapy for pain and inflammation is its accessibility. Along with your prescribed medication, you can perform this treatment at home. You can find LED light therapy devices in wellness shops online.
It Offers Skincare Benefits
LED light therapy benefits your overall wellness, including your skin’s health. You can start this treatment to upgrade your skincare routine without leaving home. Depending on the specific wavelength, light therapy can help with these skin conditions:
- Acne: Acne is common among teens and young adults. Its possible causes are hormonal changes, stress, excessive oil production, poor diet, and bacteria. One of the most promising treatments for acne is blue light therapy.
Blue light targets the uppermost layer of the skin. It has antibacterial effects that may help clear out acne-causing bacteria and help you achieve clear skin.
- Signs Of Aging: As you age, you may notice the appearance of permanent wrinkles and fine lines. Red light therapy can help manage these signs of aging by stimulating your skin’s collagen production. As a result, you can achieve plumper and younger-looking skin.
- Sun Damage: Sunspots and sunburns are expected after prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Red light therapy can also help lessen the effects of sun damage. Its potential to activate cell repair can help heal burns and lighten spots.
- Hyperpigmentation: Hyperpigmentation is a common skin condition caused by excessive melanin production. While it’s a minor skin issue, it may affect one’s confidence. Green light therapy can help brighten the dark spots by impeding the melanin-forming cells on the uppermost layer of the skin.
- Chronic Skin Conditions: Eczema and psoriasis are the most common. While there’s no cure, there are ways to keep the symptoms at bay. Initial research shows that red and blue light therapy can help manage these skin issues by providing help in reducing itching and irritation.
Consulting a dermatologist is best to maximize the skincare benefits of LED light therapy.
It Can Support Your Mental Health
LED light therapy offers mental health benefits. Early research shows it may help with depression, anxiety, insomnia, and chronic stress. Some of its potential benefits are the following:
- Aids Good Sleep: Light therapy can help re-align your circadian rhythm. For those in regions without direct sunlight for months, it can be more challenging to get a restful sleep and be alert during the day. Exposure to light like the sun can help your body recover. As you get a restful sleep, you can relieve stress and anxiety.
- Improves Focus: It can be extra challenging to focus when you feel drained and sleepy. Red light therapy can help boost your focus and make you more productive by stimulating your cells to produce energy.
- Uplifts Mood: Exposure to specific wavelengths of light can help improve one’s mood. For instance, sunlight can help activate serotonin or the happy hormone in your brain. You can mimic its effects by undergoing blue light therapy.
If you’re struggling with mental health issues, you may talk to a professional and ask about adding light therapy to your daily routine.
LED light therapy offers benefits for your overall health. You can try it by purchasing at-home light treatment devices to achieve your wellness goals.