Hair Loss: Why Do We Experience It and How To Prevent It
We all lose some strands of hair each day as we shower or while brushing it. Therefore, it is normal to lose up to hundred strands of hair a day. What is not normal is massive hair loss which is often caused by both internal and external conditions. Research shows that hair loss is more prevalent in men than women but also affects children in rare cases. There are options and www.scalpevolution.com can help.
Causes of hair loss:
- Physical trauma and stress. This is what medical practitioners refer to as telogen effluvium, a condition caused by severe stress. If you are affected by this condition, you are likely to lose huge amounts of hair each day especially when brushing or shampooing. Your hair growth also becomes stunted. This condition can also be a side effect of some drugs including anti-inflammatory drugs and antidepressants.
- Hereditary. Most people lose hair because of their genetics. There are high chances of you experiencing hair loss if both of your parents had the same condition. However, you can still have hair loss even if the gene is inherited from your father’s or mother’s side. Hereditary hair loss affects more men than women and is often difficult to treat.
- Pregnancy. Due to the biological changes associated with pregnancy, many women tend to lose hair during and after the pregnancy. However, the condition decreases after 2 or 3 months after giving birth.
- Advanced age. It is normal to lose hair once you get to 60 years old. Both men and women will experience increased hair loss from this age onwards.
- Vitamin deficiency. Lack of crucial vitamins in the body can lead to hair loss. For instance, women who experience heavy periods risk hair loss due to iron deficiency in the body. Vitamin B is also important for hair growth hence its deficiency can result in hair loss.
- Over-stimulation of scalp. This may be as a result of excessive washing and brushing of your hair. Consequently, you end up uprooting the hair from its core and is at times painful.
How to prevent hair loss:
- Eat a balanced diet. As earlier noted, vitamins play a crucial role in having healthy hair. Therefore, eating a balanced diet will ensure that the hair gets a constant supply of protein and vitamins from within. You may want to eat meals that are rich in Iron, vitamin B and vitamin C.
- Medical supplements. If you suffer from hair loss due to a medical condition, a doctor can prescribe vitamins and supplements for you to boost hair growth. For instance, ‘vibrance pure hair vitamins,’ is a supplement that has a mix of minerals, herbs, and vitamins that help in the quick growth of hair. Check hairlossable.com for more details.
- Avoid over-styling and touching your hair. It is okay to shampoo and brush your hair to get that sharp look. However, you should be careful to avoid the risk of overdoing because it can lead to hair loss. Also, many people have the habit of pulling and twisting their hair regularly. To prevent hair loss, try to avoid this habit.