People these days are being affected by a lot of diseases owing to the change in our lifestyles and the environment. With the list being huge, diabetes is also one such problem which has affected a lot of lives. It is an illness related to increased blood sugar levels in the body. There are different types of diabetes but Type 2 diabetes is much more common when we talk about diabetes.
But every problem has a solution and type 2 diabetes is no exception. Read on to know more about this type of diabetes, its symptoms, and causes and also the ways to get rid of it naturally.
What is a type 2 diabetes?
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic condition in which the body either resists insulin or doesn’t produce enough of it. It is the most common type of diabetes. It actually affects the way the body processes the glucose or the blood sugar. At first, the pancreas makes more insulin which it is then is unable to properly store or use which results in an increase in the sugar level in the blood.
To mention some, the Symptoms of type 2 diabetes generally include fatigue, blurred vision, hunger, weight loss or gain, increased frequency of urination, increased thirst, poor or slower healing of wound etc.
There can be a lot of causes for developing Type 2 diabetes, some of which are:
- Poor diet
- High levels of inflammation
- A sedentary lifestyle
- High amounts of stress
- A hereditary problem (having a family history of diabetes)
- High blood pressure or a history of heart disease
- Suffering from a hormonal condition
- Getting exposed to viruses, toxins or harmful chemicals
Simple ways to reverse it naturally
Following are some of the ideas to cure diabetes type 2 naturally:
- Exercise regularly
Exercising regularly helps to reduce the content of fat in the body, improves the control of blood sugar, helps in building lean muscles and also improves the way in which the body reacts to lipids and insulin. It also helps to maintain and improve the health of the heart, control the blood pressure, and improve the quality of life. This all indirectly help to get rid of diabetes too.
- A proper diet must be followed
A proper diet is a must for everyone and for people suffering from diabetes it becomes all the more essential as there is a need to balance the blood sugar in the
body. Get a diet chart made and follow it and try to include a proper combination of foods like fiber, clean protein, and healthy fats in the meal you take.
- Avoid these foods
There are some foods which adversely affect the level of blood sugar and hence should be avoided as a precaution. Following are some of the foods which should be avoided and excluded immediately from your meal:
- GMO foods: These foods like the GMO canola, soy, and corn are known to be linked with the liver and kidney diseases and can cause type 2 diabetes too and hence should be avoided. Instead, go with the foods which are labeled as GMO-free or organic.
- Sugar: Body is already unable to process the sugars and carbohydrates and on that adding extra sugar will worsen the situation. Eliminate all the sugar and starch from your diet. It is not only in the chocolate bar, soft drink or the cookies which seem sweat but also in the starchy food which you consume i.e. the bread, cereal, crackers, rice, potatoes, pasta etc.
- Alcohol: It can affect the functioning of the liver and also increase the blood sugar. All types of alcohols should be avoided and especially the ones which are high in carbohydrates like the beers and the other liquors which are sweet.
- Hydrogenated oils: Oils such as cottonseed oil, vegetable oil, soybean oil, and canola oil cause many health problems including diabetes and hence should be avoided.
- Grains: Grains especially the ones which contain gluten like the wheat and also contain a lot of carbohydrates and are converted into sugars should be removed from the diet at least on trial bases.
- Natural dietary supplements can help
Natural dietary supplements like melon extracts, fish oil, cinnamon etc. can help in regulating the level of glucose in the blood thereby improving the insulin sensitivity of the body and hence regulating the type 2 diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes is, of course, a dangerous disease but it is also reversible and preventable but if not managed properly then it can lead to various other health conditions like nerve damage, kidney disease, loss of vision, and even death. Cure it naturally by making some changes to your lifestyle and by following a proper prescribed diet. Keep the above-mentioned tips in mind and try to make the best use of these natural remedies if you wish to reverse and get rid of the type 2 diabetes. A positive attitude towards your life and health and a little discipline can help you go a long way and live happily!!